
So, if you didn't know the Replacements are coming out with a best of album which comes out on Rhino Records June 13. The album is a called, Don't You Know Who I Think I Was? - The Best of The Replacements, any music fan worth his salt has a majority of these songs, if not all. However there are two newly recorded tracks, Message to the Boys, and Pool and Dive. You can sample all the tracks here. But because I like you guys, Scott Vocarl, notwithstanding, I have posted on the iDisk, Message to the Boys. I received it from Minneapolis music guru Kyle "Solace" Matteson. Don't ask how I know this guy it is too embarrassing. But needless to say he always comes through with music and information, has a cool blog, if you live in the Twin Cities, and is a pretty nice guy.
Also on the 'Mats front, some guy put together a Replacements bible, with every article ever written about them. If you have a couple of hours you can read it all here.
This Post was updated while listening to the Penn Jillett radio show from 5/5/06.
3 comments:
I must not be worth my salt, because I don't have any of their music.
man, oh man. Colin. You'll need a 'mats primer at the very least. I'll see what I can do for you.
Are they releasing the 2 new songs on the best of album?
Wha?
I heard that the Westerberg and Co. were recording a couple of new tunes, but why would they put two new songs on a best of album? . . . unless they are trying to get all of us who already have most (if not all) of their music to buy the best of album just to listen to the two new tracks.
I also have some Westerberg and Chris Mars solo stuff floating around the pad somewhere if any wants it. Neither can stand up to the Replacements, but both have their place.
Post a Comment