
Ben's forthcoming album is set to be released on 9/30/08. He has been playing songs off his new album for the couple of months during his live shows. A few weeks ago a member of BenFolds.org. Said he had 9 tracks off the studio album, and was very down on the album. This is what Combing the internets this is what I have found out:
New Ben songs leaked, by somebody, maybe Ben himself. There are songs with the same names of the new songs that he played live this year, but they are different songs. There are other new songs. There are songs that aren't on the album. There are possibly real songs.
That's it. Everybody is speculating. The only truth right now is that 9 songs that are definitely Ben were leaked.
So there you have it. Other things I know is the cover art with these tracks are is not the cover art that was listed in Stereogum's recent article.
Unfortunatly the concenus between the internets fans is that the 9 songs are blotted self referential pop music that is more akin to Weezer then anything else. I have to disagree,the songs are good, not great, but very very catchy. Are these the real tracks? Are these fake tracks? Are they a mix of both? I guess we will have to wait until 9/30 to find out.
Also for you is the video for Hiroshima
On a side note Stereogum is a great place for all kinds of music news, and free mp3s. Check it out.
That is all
***************Update***********************************************
Ben admits the album is fake. He leaked it himself. Totally Awesome
Read it here in Rolling Stone
*****************end of update*************************************
1 comment:
Comment about children's music. Check out Malvina Reynolds playful and political, my girls liked her when they were young. I still have vinyl albums but no mp3's to share.
http://www.wku.edu/~smithch/MALVINA/homep.htm
Post a Comment