Thursday, July 10, 2008

Listening Party, Pat Boone, Scarlett Waits?

Okay , first I think it is awesome that my Itunes library classifies Listening Party as "folk". I mean I guess. But they are not James Taylor or Iron and Wine. Anyhow cool band from Canada that is touring with Wolf Parade and that Paul, Greg, and myself took a shining to. This album is called "Who are we missing?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=74527025


The second album I posted is an oldie but goodie, prolly all but forgotten Pat Boone album of 80's metal covers, "In a Metal Kind of Mood." It rocks.

Third, at first I thought to myself: "How long have I been sleeping to not know that there is an album on which Scarlett Johannson does Tom Waits covers?" And then I heard it. Two rights do not make another right in this case. It's awful. Luckily I heard before I bought it on some strange combination of impulse and amorousness. Here is a link:

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/scarlett-johann.html

No comments: