Monday, January 08, 2007

Paleo – Carpet Samples from The Song Diary

Some notes:

Paleo is David Strackany.

Is originally from Illinois.

Went to college in Iowa.

May or may not have run an art gallery.

Is currently writing one song a day for every day of one year –(that's 365 for you folks in LA).


He's touring and recording a song a day and posting them to his website as part of his "Song Diary" project. I just saw this guy perform last night at Big V's and got a copy of this and his first record Misery, Missouri. He plays this toy acoustic guitar and he reminded me of a younger, thinner version of Tiny Tim. It was cooler than it sounds and the more songs I hear, the more I like it. Check out his website (paleo.ws) for the rest of the Song Diary, including yesterday's song "Sunday Prayer XXXIX". If I wasn't out so late last night, I would be catching his show tonight at the 331 Club (I guess I'll just have to wait for the mp3).

2 comments:

Kyle said...

excellent first post. thanks.

Kyle said...

This album has been removed.