Whereas I like this album, I have a set of standards for Beck. It is probably unrealistic, but I expect more from him, especailly after Sea Change and Midnight Vultures. But with this and Guero it seems as though he is just making Odley again.
I'm a great admirer of Beck, but this album is slow to gain my enthusiasm. That could mean that I'll learn to love it intensely or that it will just fade away. Some songs are rather good, but others I just skip over. Time will tell.
At first listen, I thought it was much better than Guerro, but after time it seems that all the songs blend into each other too much.
I do think it is a fantastic album compared to most however, and if you get a chance to see him live on this tour, do it cause the songs have a whole new life in person. Cell Phones Dead is ridiculous.
5 comments:
Beck's a dick
Whereas I like this album, I have a set of standards for Beck. It is probably unrealistic, but I expect more from him, especailly after Sea Change and Midnight Vultures. But with this and Guero it seems as though he is just making Odley again.
Where is my big band soul record, Beck?
The album has is moments of brilliance. He is a creative guy that is releasing music faster than his record company wants him to.
I'm a great admirer of Beck, but this album is slow to gain my enthusiasm. That could mean that I'll learn to love it intensely or that it will just fade away. Some songs are rather good, but others I just skip over. Time will tell.
At first listen, I thought it was much better than Guerro, but after time it seems that all the songs blend into each other too much.
I do think it is a fantastic album compared to most however, and if you get a chance to see him live on this tour, do it cause the songs have a whole new life in person. Cell Phones Dead is ridiculous.
Post a Comment