Well as I said before I got Bob's Theme Time Radio Hours 1 - 5. So right now I am posting # 2. It was the Mother's Day special. So theme of course is mothers. It is quite good. Who is with me in saying that Bob is a better DJ than performer?
I definatly was baiting. But I was half serious as well. I think Dylan as a performer (concerts and such) in the last 15 or so years is seriously lacking something.
You can make a good argument for that. His live performances have been hit and miss for decades now. Except in the last 10 years he's gotten much, much better. He was great every time I've seen him since 1996.
But (most of) his recordings blow me away. I was just listening to Blood on the Tracks on the way to work today, and man that guy sure can evoke emotion. "Idiot Wind" is a snarl that melts into a regretful sob. I certainly couldn't pull that off. ;)
6 comments:
You must be baiting me by saying that. Dylan is one of the best performers in recorded music.
Yes, I'm part of that "Dylan is God" camp.
Thanks for the Mothers show!
If anything, his skill as a DJ shows how great a performer he is.
There, I'm done for now. :)
We're listening to it now. Nice.
I definatly was baiting. But I was half serious as well. I think Dylan as a performer (concerts and such) in the last 15 or so years is seriously lacking something.
You can make a good argument for that. His live performances have been hit and miss for decades now. Except in the last 10 years he's gotten much, much better. He was great every time I've seen him since 1996.
But (most of) his recordings blow me away. I was just listening to Blood on the Tracks on the way to work today, and man that guy sure can evoke emotion. "Idiot Wind" is a snarl that melts into a regretful sob. I certainly couldn't pull that off. ;)
album removed for Theme Time #3
Post a Comment