I've got little else to say except that She's So Unusual came out in 1983, and if you were around then, you rocked out to it (because it was turbo-ubiquitous - even lil' ol' me in bumbletruck, Minnesota had it on cassette), and then probably engaged in what became two decades of backlash against Cyndi Lauper.But go back in time, and take a listen with fresh ears. This album rocks out in a way that only a one-shot pop album can. Loaded with singles, and sporting remarkably light early-80s synth production (synthesizers have never sounded so great on a record as here, paired with Cyndi Lauper's strong, bouncy voice), this is a triumph. This release includes three live tracks that don't really add much, but there they are.
Anyway, enjoy the trip down memory lane if you were there. If you weren't, well, here is a hell of a time capsule.
2 comments:
Yeah, I know. I'm not very cool, and my taste in music is questionable.
all your mooninites are belong to us.
Post a Comment