Here are my 2 cents on best of lists. A disclaimer, I do not necessarily think these 10 albums are the "best albums musically" or anything like that, they are simply my favorite 10 albums, or the albums that did the most for me this year.
Here you go, if you want a specific album, just let me know and I will post it.
1) Phoenix-It’s Never Been Like That
2) OH NO! OH MY!-ST
3) The Stills-Without Feathers
4) Razorlight-ST
5) Peter, Bjorn and John-Writers Block
6) Murs and 9th Wonder-Murray’s Revenge
7) Beck-The Information
8) Band of Horses-Everything All The Time
9) Islands-Return to the Sea
10) Justin Timberlake-FutureSex/LoveSounds
2) Built To Spill-You in Reverse
3) Jarvis Cocker-Jarvis
4) The Magic Numbers-Those the Brokes (Out in the UK in 2006, USA is 2007)
5) Ratatat-Classics
6) The Decemberists-The Crane Wife
7) Ghostland Observatory-Paparazzi Lightning
8) The Whitest Boy Alive-Dreams
9) Lupe Fiasco-Food and Liquor
10) Guillemots-Through the Window Pane
11) I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness-Fear Is On Our Side
12) Voxtrot -3 EP’s
13) Maritime-We The Vehicles
14) Ghostface Killah-Fishscales
15) The Kooks-Inside In/Inside Out
And if you care, my favorite movies of 2006 are:1) CHILDREN OF MEN
2) BRICK
3) UNITED 93
4) BORAT
5) JACKASS 2 (Yes, seriously)
Films I have not seen yet but expect them to be on this lists are: The Departed, Pan's Labyrinth, Half Nelson, Babel...many more, I see to many movies for work so I don't get out that much if they are not a Universal flick.
3 comments:
Where did you see "Children of Men"? As far as I know, it's in super-limited release so far.
I'm really excited about seeing it, whenever it finally comes to Madison.
I work at Universal and live in LA. Yes, it should open in Madison tomorrow, if not the 12th for sure. I am in love with this film and have seen it 3 times in various stages of the development, and it only got better and better. Just amazing. See it as soon as you can.
I did not like the Lupe Fiasco album. I get what all the hype is about, he just sounds like a poor-man's Kanye to me. But you should post OH NO! OH MY! and the Ghostface album, which I hear was produced by DOOM.
Post a Comment