
I'm sure there are more than a few great new albums that I missed this year. I missed this one when it was released and almost avoided it completely because the first
review I read of this album compared Midlake to Fleet Wood Mac. I do not like Fleet Wood Mac, but I'll let you decide for yourself if the comparison is valid. So, after hearing the single, Young Bride, I decided to give this album a chance. I'm glad I did. If you haven't heard
The Trails of Van Occupanther yet, it's worth the download if only for the opening track, Roscoe, and the aforementioned single. Although, the remainder stands up very well as a complete album. Enjoy and happy Christmases.
4 comments:
Kid Rock likes Fleetwood Mac so that is...noteworthy.
"Rolling with Fleetwood is how I Mac."
I will post an early Fleetwood Mac album next week. They started out as a blues band and then after Buckingham & Nicks joined 1973 they went sappy & commercial.
This is a cool album thanks for posting it.
Why does everybody hate on Lindsay Buckingham? If he'd had a more conservative hairdo, we'd include him in Lennon-McCartney/Wilson discussions.
Post a Comment