Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bobby Bare Jr. - The Longest Meow

I was first introduced to Bobby Bare Jr. by P2 while he was working at Hello Booking. Part punk, part country, Bare Jr. has rocked his way out of his father's Nashville shadow. His albums are pretty good, but his live shows are amazing. The Longest Meow was a live session recorded in 11 hours with 11 artists from such bands as My Morning Jacket and Clem Snide. It's not Bare Jr's best album, but it shows his range spanning genres and devolving into a few jams. Highlights include 'The Bionic Heart' and, Pixies cover, 'Where Is My Mind.' I'm also posting my introduction to Bare Jr., Young Criminals Starvation League. Bare Jr. will be at the 400 Bar on October 19, The Longest Meow comes out September 26. Enjoy.

3 comments:

p2 said...

Thanks for posting it; I was just about to buy it.

Kyle said...

I'll probably pick up a hard copy at the show. Are you interested in going?

p2 said...

Yes, I want to go.