Monday, August 07, 2006
Ok Go! - Here It Goes Again
So the first time I have ever heard of Ok Go! was on a special This American Life episode, for their 10th anniversary or something. They were the "house" band when Ira and gang took the show on the road. I pretty much thought the band would be going nowhere, but 6 years later they are every where. Kmart ads, and of horrors upon horrors VH1's Best Week Ever. This is where Ok Go again crossed my path. They showed the video I posted. The song is ok. It is straight ahead power pop. Nothing too ground breaking. Catchy, fun but very forgettable. The greatest thing is this video. Done in one single take with some amazing choreography, all on tread mills. No blue screens, no stunt actors, just the dudes from Ok Go.
Playing around on their site they have some other great videos. Enjoy, I just wish their music was a bit more adventurous, like their videos.
**this post updated while listening to Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jamiroquai must be pissed when they see this video.
Will you please post that Jenny Lewis album? thanks.
Post a Comment