Monday, December 14, 2009

The xx: xx



The xx offer an album with a lot of space. It's open and simple, with sultry female lead vocals and some (surely hipster) guy accompanying her. The duets really works for me. Start with VCR and Stars and Basic Space and Islands and really the whole album is solid. It's mostly electronic with industrial accents, some nice guitar, maybe hand clapping, and piano. This has been called the one of the greatest make out records of the decade. Not that I've tested it out or anything. Flint is has a dearth of appealing women. But *in theory* this album should be excellent for wooing. Report back in the comments.

4 comments:

p2 said...

Thanx. I am excited to give it a listen.

p2 said...

Its a really good record. Intro & VCR are 2 of the best songs I've heard in awhile.

pualio said...

so far this has had little to no effect on the wife... will expand listening audience soon.

pualio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.