Wednesday, April 18, 2007

THIRTEEN SENSES-Contact


Thirteen Senses follows in the suit of Coldplay and Travis. A British band that gets a bad rap in the states for sounding like the others.

The new Thirteen Senses is a lot of Coldplay, but they really branched out with their sound from their debut. Not so many radio friendly hooks and choruses, rather well thought out songs that really focus on the instruments and lyrics to pull the heart strings, not some cheesy video and a montage on Grey's Anatomy.

I actually did a little experiment with Thirteen Senses new album here at work. I gave it to 3 women and a gay man who hate most of what I like musically, but love soft singing cheese dick music like Gavin Degraw or James Blunt. They are a little mixed on the album. They love his voice, but will probably not be putting the disc back in the rotation any time soon.

Either way, check out CONTACT, FOLLOW ME and SPARK.

No comments: